Jared Williams is the developer of WPHonors and the person hosting the Award “show” that is this site. He is also the developer, designer and author New2WP.com, a great source for all things WordPress, and also the design blog Tweeaks.com. Jared is always seeking new and original ways to contribute to the WordPress community.
It's Like the Oscars® for WordPress®
Submit your favorite WordPress Theme, Plugin, Site or Personality, heck add yourself!. From all the submissions, Nominees will be chosen based on number of popular votes, and after a final round of voting the Winners will be awarded the "best of" honors for the year based on your votes and by our panel of judges. Did we mention our sponsors are helping us with the most massive giveaway of WordPress goods; ever?
1. Final Round of Voting (Begins late Nov)The final curated list of Nominations for each category will be chosen from all the submissions and a final round of voting will take place starting later this month. This separates the busta's from the tru playas. We're kidding about the bustas, everyone is a winner right?
2. Call for Submissions (Closed)All new submissions to be entered into the running for the chance to win Honors for 2010 are no longer being accepted. You may still Register, and participate in the final round of voting as the deciding vote is cast for each category.
3. Winners Announced (Early Jan.)Winners from the pool of nominees will be chosen based on number of votes and input from our panel of judges. Winners will get the Glory and the honors of being the "Best of" for 2010.
IMMA LET YOU FINISHVOTE TOTALS WILL NOT BE SHOWN for a very simple reason. Popularity contests are kinda stupid. Think of it like a secret ballot, this way everyone has a fair shake. Vote totals will be be revealed for the Winners come ceremony time.
Vote & Win Stuff
From time to time prizes will be given away by our wonderful corporate sponsors to random members of this site. All you need to do is Register, submit your faves, and VOTE. A tweet or 2 would not hurt your chances.
Pick the Winners?
You choose the winners for the most part, and a little help from our panel of judges. Popular Vote tallies will determine who makes it from the submission phase to the nomination phase. The final "best of" winners will be chosen based on a blend of the total number of your votes and judges ballot.
Who are the judges?
It's a surprise. The Honors judges come from all areas of the web industry. Some judges even work with WordPress on a daily basis but not all of them. Just to keep it squarzeey, no judge may cast a vote on a nomination in a category they or their business has an entry in.
There will be an open invitation blue tuxedo awards gala in the new year to bestow the "best of" honors on all the winners. Location and Date TBD.
5 Random Submissions (All Categories)
Great source of both free and commercial themes as well as WordPress tips and tricks.
Simple Twitterwall for WordPress Tweets.
Ever wish you could search for WordPress functions, template tags, function sources, user notes, etc all from one place? That is exactly what WPSeek.com allows you to do as it acts as a very slick WordPress centric search engine.
WPSeek was originally used to be a gateway page for the WordPress Helper FireFox extension but the site has expanded into something much more. For example, take a look at what this search engine offers:
- Results page
- Neat Auto-suggest that maps its content from anywhere within the function name
- Related Codex Documentation
- Code Snippets
- Top Google Search Results
- User discussions
- User Notes
- AJAXified results page; no need to reload page on any operation
Ex Libris was designed for writers and typophiles. Lacking fancy graphical bells and whistles, we focused our attention, instead, on making your content readable with full typographic control. Ex Libris features a unique approach to choosing the typography for your site. Rather than relying on the tired basic web fonts, we’ve embedded the gorgeous free fonts from font foundry exljbris, giving you freedom to style your site with access to full font families and unique typefaces, while maintaining a consistent visual style. We’ve also built the theme with a unique, optional home page layout (Magazine Style, pictured above), and kept an uncluttered approach to page layouts.
If you’re a writer, if you love minimalism, clean design and unique typography, Ex Libris was made for you. Literally.